American Ceramic Society - Design Chapter of Southern California is a non-profit organization of over 300 potters, sculptors, teachers, students and ceramic designers who seek to share and increase their knowledge and expand public awareness and appreciation of the many facets of clay. ACS-DC was established in 1945. Many of its members have regional, national, and international reputations. Past presidents include such prominent artists as Susan Peterson, Vivika and Otto Heino, Raul Coronel, Jerry Ackerman, Frank Matranga, William Shinn, Patrick Crabb, Neil Moss and Kevin Myers.
Our activities include:
- Publication of ten (10) monthly newsletters, which lists exhibits and events, buy, sell, and trade announcements, and registration forms for workshops.
- Organization of group shows and auctions
- Workshops featuring well-known potters
- Pit-firing weekends
- A Video Library with more than 100 selections. These are available for two-week loans, free to members
- Scholarship Awards to promising ceramic students in the Southern California region
- A Slide Library - Hundreds of photos from past shows, workshops and lectures which are excellent teaching aids.
- Invitation to exhibit at annual showcases and the juried President’s Show featuring members’ works
c/o Celeste Iida
P.O. Box 641374
Los Angeles, CA 90064